- Disney govt Agnes Chu will capture over as president of Condé Nast Entertainment in September.
- Chu will portray back to Condé Nast CEO Roger Lynch.
- She’s going to substitute most up-to-date Condé Nast Entertainment president Oren Katzeff, who has come below fire from his workers for the firm’s metrics-based video manufacturing as well as his offensive tweets about other folks of color and ladies folks.
- Katzeff could presumably well absorb a brand unique operate at the firm, despite the indisputable truth that a Condé Nast spokesperson used to be unable to demonstrate any crucial components.
- Consult with Industrial Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
Disney govt Agnes Chu will capture over as president of Condé Nast Entertainment in September, the firm presented on July 31.
Chu, who has worked at Disney for 12 years, is leaving her operate as senior vice chairman of allege Disney Plus. She’s going to portray back to Condé Nast CEO Roger Lynch.
Condé Nast Entertainment is the writer’s video-manufacturing arm. It produces videos branded with the names of Vogue, Bon Appétit, and Condé Nast’s 15 diversified titles. Its allege is hosted essentially on YouTube, however also Netflix, Vice TV, and Amazon.
Chu, an alum of Harvard and Columbia Industrial College, is getting into Condé Nast Entertainment at a remarkable time for the firm.
She’s going to substitute most up-to-date Condé Nast Entertainment president Oren Katzeff, who has come below fire from his workers for the firm’s metrics-based video manufacturing, as well as for his offensive tweets about Mexicans and ladies folks, in accordance with recordings of Zoom meetings reviewed by Industrial Insider.
One amongst Katzeff’s tweets from 2010 reads: “Earlier this day, I seen a girl wearing a shirt that acknowledged ‘No approach Yes!’ That would furthermore merely mark why the fellow retaining her hand used to be smiling…” The tweet has since been deleted, in accordance with a portray from The Day-to-day Beast.
Katzeff could presumably well absorb a brand unique operate at the firm, despite the indisputable truth that a Condé Nast spokesperson declined to touch upon what the operate would entail.
Condé Nast staffers absorb pushed again on loads of of the video manufacturing arm’s most up-to-date choices round employment. One most up-to-date instance entails the suspension of Bon Appétit video editor Matt Hunziker, who a Condé Nast spokesperson previously told Industrial Insider used to be below inner investigation.
Workers told Industrial Insider that they believed the suspension used to be likely retaliation for Hunziker’s social media posts critiquing Bon Appétit’s medicines of workers of color.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe